Our Senior Systems Engineer position consists of both on-site and remote technical support for our client base in Columbia MO and St. Louis MO. It is a full-time position with call rotation and possible weekend project work. The Senior Systems Engineer requires a professional consulting mindset where technical business solutions and customer service are the primary focuses. Senior Systems Engineers serve as Project Managers and assist with time and project estimates and will interact with all levels of the company. The success of this position depends on good analytical skills, effective documentation, experience with a managed services tool set and strong communication skills.
- Architect and execute cost-effective solutions to business needs of clients
- Plan and perform O365 Email and Sharepoint migrations
- Project manage and implement on-boarding of new clients
- Design, configure and deploy networking solutions
- Manage and maintain systems and software for clients
- Support server software / hardware and related applications / systems
- Troubleshoot system issues, user issues, and networking issues
- Perform hardware and/or software upgrades
- Act as a liaison between IT clients and vendors
Required Experience, Skills and Training
- Strong communication and customer service skills required
- Strong Network Administration skills in a Microsoft infrastructure.
- Experience with supporting multiple clients in a managed services environment
- Experience and desire to engineer automation of repetitive tasks
- Experience with Office 365 Migration, support, and maintenance (Office Suite).
- Experience with business class firewalls (e.g. SonicWall, Watchguard, Cisco, and Juniper).
- Strong foundation in networking with TCP/IP for multiple facility and routed networks.
- Expert proficiency with Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server including Active Directory and critical services (e.g. DNS, DHCP, RDS).
- Experience upgrading and migrating infrastructure components from old to new hardware in replace engagements.
- Expert Proficiency with Hypervisors across multiple vendors including VMware vSphere, vCenter Server and ESXi technologies, Hyper-V, System Center Virtual Machine Manager, and XenServer.
- Experience with SBC (Server Based Computing), including Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop and Microsoft Remote Desktop Services.
- Proficient with Microsoft PowerShell.
- Familiar with using a help desk ticketing system
- Experience in automated patch scheduling for workstations and servers
- Experience in building monitors and alerts in an MSP software package
- Experience and proficiency with Public Cloud solutions Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon WebServices.
- Experience with SAN technologies iSCSI/NFS/FC and solutions HP Lefthand, Dell, EqualLogic, etc
- Experience with Layer 2/3 switching including designing and implementing VLANs, traffic shapping and prioritization
Candidate must have own transportation for travel to various client sites.
43Tc offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Must be a current US citizen, be able to pass a background check with references. Benefits include paid vacation, medical/dental/vision insurance, performance bonuses and more.
$60,000-$80,000 depending upon experience.