- Develop Objectives and Strategies — Establishing customer’s long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them. This position will maximize their attention to their assigned clients’ strategic IT needs, striving for 120 hours/month in billable hours.
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards — Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether customer events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Travel to customer sites in Mid-Missouri and St. Louis, establishing regular onsite meetings with your customer base.
- Project Management – Effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders for the successful design and execution of projects. To mitigate unexpected stress on project stakeholders, the consultants look to have an average error margin less than 20% from budgeted labor hours and costs.
- Collaborate with customers to identify opportunities to improve risk posture, developing solutions for remediating or mitigating risks based upon the business objectives, financial constraints, regulatory requirements, and adversity to risk.
- Strive to continuously increase the value proposition of our recurring monthly service agreements with existing customers such that our recurring monthly service agreements have a steady and healthy financial increase at the time of renewal.
- Evaluate the organization’s technology use and needs and recommend improvements, such as hardware and software upgrades.
- Advise customers on technical or procedural issues.
- Other relevant job duties as assigned.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Systems Analysis — Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Analyzing Data or Information — Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Persuasion — Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Inductive Reasoning — The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Visualization — The ability to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.
- Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others — Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work — Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships — Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft public cloud solutions – Microsoft Azure and Office 365
- Strong experience with LAN, WAN, and WLAN technologies
- Technical expertise in network, storage, virtualization, and computing across multiple vendors
- Proficient with Microsoft PowerShell.
- Familiar with using a help desk ticketing system
- 5+ years of working as an IT consultant or in a MSP environment required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 5 years of experience in IT.